You will need a computer with a fast internet connection in order to create and to sign in to a Hotmail account.
How to sign in to Hotmail?
Only if you have a Hotmail username or email address and password created, you will get access your Hotmail inbox by signing in. If you have a Hotmail username and password, then follow these simple steps to sign into your account.
- Open your favorite web browser and in the address bar, type Hotmail.com.
- You will be taken to the Microsoft’s Outlook sign in page.
- In the first type box that you find under the option “Microsoft Account What’s this?” You will have to enter the username or the mail address that you have created. It would be the one ending with @hotmail.com.
- Move the cursor to the next type box where you will have to enter the password that you used when creating the account. As the password is case sensitive, you will have to key in the exact password to get access to your inbox. Even if one character case is different, you will not be allowed to access your Hotmail inbox.
- Next, click on the sign in option seen at the bottom of the page to enter your inbox.
Unable to sign in
Sometimes, you might not be able to access your Hotmail account when you try to sign in. The most common problem that will prevent you from signing in to your Hotmail account is that you could have forgotten or lost your password. If this is the case, then there is no need to worry as Microsoft Outlook offers you great support to help you find your password.
The following are the things to do to recover access to your Hotmail account:
- At the sign in page, click on the ‘Can’t access your account’ option.
- You will be taken to a recover your account page where you will be asked to click on any option that is preventing you from signing into your account.
- Choose the option that best suits your situation and then click on the continue button.
- You will be taken to the next section. Follow the instructions that come up on the page to gain access to your Hotmail inbox.
- If you have lost your password, then you will be given the option to set up a new one by making use of your alternate email address or the mobile phone number that you gave when registering your account.
- A confirmation code will be sent to your mobile or email address. You need to type this code in the box provided to give you access to create a new password for your Hotmail email address.
Hotmail sign-in using android devices
If you are using Android Smartphone or an Android tablet, then you can access your Hotmail account on the go. To sign in to Hotmail using Android devices, you need to follow these simple steps.
- Go to the Google Play Store on your Android device and download the Outlook app on the device from the play Store.
- Once it is downloaded, install the app on your phone.
- Locate the Outlook app icon on the home screen and tap on it to open it.
- In the sign in page, enter your Hotmail username and password and the app will sync your Hotmail account to the mobile app.
- Once done, you can start using your Hotmail on your phone or tablet like you access your Hotmail inbox from your computer.
Accessing Hotmail on your apple device
If you are using an Apple Smartphone or a tablet, then you can access your Hotmail email account on the go from your Apple devices. This will give you the freedom to move from your office or phone whenever you want as all mails that come to your inbox will also hit your Outlook app on the Apple device. This means you have access to your inbox from anywhere and at any time, even if you are not in front of your computer.
- Open the iTunes app store and look for the Outlook app in the store.
- Once you have found it, download the Outlook app on your iOS device.
- Install the app and then choose the get started option.
- Now, choose the account that you would like to add on to your Apple device.
- Sign in to the Hotmail account through the app and now the app will sync with the Hotmail email account.
Advantages of using Hotmail
There are many advantages that you can enjoy when you use the new revamped Hotmail email account. You will be able to search a mail in your email account very easily using the search option. With 2-step verification and single use code options, the safety and security of the Hotmail account have now been enhanced.
The spam mails will be sent to the spam folder and will not show up in your inbox. The interface of the Hotmail account is very easy and you will be able to easily locate messages or folders. Hotmail offers you lots of storage space. You can drag and drop mails into different folders easily.