If you are looking to create an email account in one of the oldest and most popular free web-based email services, then there is no better option than Hotmail. It has now got a totally new look with Microsoft converting the Hotmail into Outlook.com account. But, still, you have the option to create a Hotmail account and also sign in to the Hotmail account like before.
Transition from Hotmail to Outlook
The users of Hotmail and Windows Live were smoothly transitioned to the Outlook.com with Microsoft in 2013. Since then, Hotmail is changed to Outlook.com for good. If you have an old Hotmail account and worried about how you will get access to your hotmail account since Hotmail is non-existent, then there is no need to worry. You just need to sign in to the Hotmail account through the Outlook.com sign-in page. Even though Microsoft has stopped the Hotmail services and changed it to Outlook.com, it has not completely done away with the Hotmail.com email service. Any people with Hotmail.com account are allowed to sign in as before and access their emails and this has to be done through the Microsoft Outlook sign-in page. In fact, anyone looking to create a Hotmail account also can do so through the Microsoft Outlook sign-up page. So, if you are a nostalgic person and loyal towards Hotmail, then you can make use of this first free web-based email service through Outlook.com.
Why use Hotmail?
Many of the Hotmail email account users are still using it and are looking to create new Hotmail accounts just for sentimental reasons. Hotmail is the first web-based email service that was launched in the 90s and took the world by storm. It will always remain as the first free web-based email service and hence people want to be part of this historic email service. Many prefer to use a Hotmail account as their preferred email service. They find it very comfortable and easy to use. People who prefer the old-fashioned email service can always opt for Hotmail service. But, as it is integrated with the Outlook.com, the Hotmail will have a lot of features now than before.
Create a Hotmail account
The process of creating a new hotmail account is very simple. It can be done in a few minutes. The best part is that creating a Hotmail account is free and you can use this service for free for lifelong. Hotmail is now integrated with Microsoft’s Outlook.com and hence you will get a host of new features to try out as well. In fact, with your new Hotmail account, you can now access all the free web-based services offered by Microsoft like Xbox Live, Skype, OneDrive, etc.
The following is the procedure to create a new Hotmail account.
- Open the web browser on your computer and type hotmail.com in the address bar.
- You will be directed to the Outlook.com sign in page or the Microsoft Live sign in page. Since Microsoft has moved over from Hotmail to Outlook, you will not find the Hotmail sign in or sign up page anymore. You can create your Hotmail account on the Outlook.com sign in page.
- Look for “Create account” option and click on it. You will be taken to the Microsoft create account page.
- The first page that will come up on the screen will be the option to create your new email address and the password for it.
- Move the cursor to the new email box and click on it to enter the email address that you want. There will be an option to choose the @outlook.com and @hotmail.com domain name in the box. As you are looking to create a Hotmail account, opt for the @hotmail.com option.
- After entering the email address, it is time to move the cursor to the create password option and key in the password that you prefer. Make sure you include at least one uppercase, number, and special characters in the password to make it a strong one.
- After you have completed filling the email address and password, click on Next option.
- You will now be taken to the Hotmail account, sign up form where Microsoft will ask for your personal details.
- The first field is for the first name and the next field is to enter your last name. Make sure you are keying the right details. After this, click on the next button.
- The next page will ask for your country or region and your birth date details. Choose the country from the drop-down menu and after that you need to choose the month, date and the year of birth from the drop-down menu. After making the entries, click on the Next option.
- The next page will take you to a CAPTCHA code. You will find some jumbled characters on the screen and a box to key in the characters that you see. This is done to see if you are a real person signing up for a Microsoft account and not a robot. Make sure you key in the same characters you see in the code to get to the next page. After entering the characters as it is, click on Next option to move to the next page.
- Now, you will be taken to the Outlook welcome page to create your mailbox.
- Click on the right arrow you see on the page to add more details to your Hotmail account. You will be asked to choose a language from the drop-down menu and this will be followed by your time zone. Choose these fields appropriately and then click on the right arrow button to move to the next page.
- The next option will be to choose the themes and the display options for your Hotmail inbox. You will see over 50 display options, choose one and then click on the right arrow button.
- The next option is to add your signature. This will be added to the end of every message that you type. You can also choose to skip this step.
Once you press the let’s go button, you will be taken to the Hotmail inbox. You have now successfully created your Hotmail account. With this single Hotmail account, you can access all the Microsoft services like Skype, Microsoft Office, OneNote, Xbox, OneDrive, etc.
Sign into Hotmail on Different Devices
Hotmail Sign in On PCs
- Open the web browser on your PC and type login.live.com or www.hotmail.com. You will be taken to the Microsoft sign in page.
- The first field you should enter is the email address that you have submitted to Microsoft when signing up for a Hotmail account.
- Enter the correct email address and then click on the Next option.
- After this, you will be directed to the password page. On the type box, key in the correct password to the email address and you will be directed to the Microsoft account.
- Here, you need to choose the inbox option to visit your Hotmail inbox.
Hotmail Sign in on Android
- Visit the Google Play Store app and then get access to the Outlook app. Download and install the Outlook app on your Android device.
- After the app is downloaded, tap on the Outlook icon to open the app. You will see the Add account option come up on the screen.
- Enter your email address, click on next option and then enter your password option and then click sign in option to get access to your Hotmail account on the Android devices.
Hotmail Sign in on iOS
- If you do not have the Outlook app installed on your iOS, then visit the Apple Store to gain access to Outlook app and download it on your iOS devices.
- Once the app is downloaded, you can visit the Settings options, and then tap on the Mail option followed by the Accounts option.
- Look for ‘Add account’ option and then tap on it.
- Choose the Outlook.com that you see in the Add account option and you will see a login page on the screen.
- Enter your email address and then tap on the Next option.
- After this, you will be asked to enter your Hotmail email password. Key in the correct password and then tap on sign in option.
You will instantly gain access to Hotmail inbox on iOS devices.